- Keep clear inventories of all your digital assets and their locations.
- Keep all software up to date (including operating systems and applications).
- Back up all information every day, including information on employee devices. This is so you can restore encrypted data if attacked.
- Back up all information to a secure offsite location.
- Train staff on cyber security practices (ask us about our Security Training for Employees).
- Create a communication strategy to inform staff if an attack is successful and affecting the network.
- Discuss with your board, whether you would pay a ransom or launch an investigation.
- Request your IT Provider to perform a threat analysis.
- Segment your network. (i.e. don't place all information on one file share that can be accessed by everyone in the company).
- Request your IT Provider to perform some testing to understand where the vulnerabilities are in your network.
Please feel free to write or call 1300 89 22 00 with any questions.
The ITConnexion Team